From Chanticleer Society
The Sazerac is basically a slight variation of an Old Fashioned.
- 2 oz Straight rye whiskey
- 1 tsp simple syrup
- 2 dashes Peychaud’s Bitters
- 1 dash Angostura Bitters
- 1/4 oz Absinthe
Garnish: Lemon peel twist
- Fill an Old Fashioned glass with ice to chill, and set aside.
- Add all of the ingredients, except for the absinthe, to a mixing glass. Stir with ice to chill.
- Dump the ice from the Old Fashioned glass and add the absinthe to it.
- Swirl the absinthe in the glass to cover the sides, then pour out the excess.
- Strain the contents of the mixing glass into the Old Fashioned glass.
- Garnish with a twist of lemon peel.
- Is the Sazerac a New Orleans Cocktail? (The Daily Beast)