Over a fairly short time, cocktails have evolved from simply being a mixed drink of questionable quality, into something that can often be considered culinary product that is produced with care and craftsmanship. There is still however a lot of knowledge and information regarding the cocktail which can be considered questionable at best.
The Chanticleer Society is made up of a dedicated membership which wants to help further the cocktail by providing all who are interested with access to information and resources that will help them better appreciate cocktails in specific and its other mixed-drinks siblings in general.
Please enjoy perusing through the pages you will find here, and hopefully the information you discover will help you along your quest.
In the early days of this site, the information contained here will obviously be minimal, but will be increasing over time.
Some pages on this site that are currently under construction are:
- Quick Start Guide
- Cocktail Timeline
- Mixed Drink Types
- Classic Cocktails
- Spirited Holidays
At the moment, there aren't a lot of pages here (we're working on it), but if you'd like to see a list of all the pages available, you can see a list here.
In addition to individual pages, it is also possible to mark a page to be part of a "category", this allows a "special page" to list all of the pages that are part of that category. Here is one example of a category page defined as "Cocktail Recipe" and here is a link to it (not that there are many listed there yet):
There are also a variety of "Special Pages" (see the link under "Wiki tools" on the left hand margin). A couple of useful special pages are:
- All Pages - this is a listing of all of the pages currently existing on this site. If you are simply visiting, and want to review some of the information the site contains, this might be a good place to start. Some of these pages may simply be "stubs" without any real content.
- Wanted Pages - which is a listing of all pages which are "mentioned", but not yet created. This could be a good spot for members of the Chanticleer Society to look through in order to identify pages which they may have some expertise in and can provide some initial content.
- Random Page - Another way for members to find pages to work on, is to simply click on the "Random page" link in the left hand "Navigation" list. This will bring up a random page from the site, which you can quickly review to see if it is one you want to update. If not, just keep clicking until you find one you do!
- Stub Pages - Also, we will be marking pages as "stub pages" which were created with next to no content on them. These pages could use some special attention.
The information below is what was on this Main Page when the MediaWiki software was first installed. I'm leaving it here at the moment... feel free to ignore it for now...
MediaWiki has been installed.
Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.
- Configuration settings list
- MediaWiki FAQ
- MediaWiki release mailing list
- Localise MediaWiki for your language
- Learn how to combat spam on your wiki