From Chanticleer Society
Dale DeGroff (September 21, 1948 - ) aka "The King of Cocktails"
Identified by Imbibe Magazine as one of “The Top 25 Most Influential Cocktail Personalities of the Past Century”:
- "Dale “King Cocktail” DeGroff gained a following in the mid 1980s at the helm of New York City’s Rainbow Room bar as a preeminent proponent of classic cocktails and fresh ingredients, and over the decades since, he’s inspired legions of bartenders to be better at their craft. Author of The Craft of the Cocktail, DeGroff has developed numerous cocktail recipes, is the recipient of several prestigious awards and is the founding president of the Museum of the American Cocktail."
- Dale DeGroff, The Craft of the Cocktail, Clarkson Potter (2002) (On Amazon.com)
- Dale DeGroff, The Essential Cocktail, Clarkson Potter (2008) (On Amazon.com)
- Official Website (kingcocktail.com)
- The Art Of Bartending: Dale DeGroff (The Daily Beast, Sept 2018)
- Bartender Dale DeGroff Fathered the Modern Craft-Cocktail Renaissance (Robb Report, June 2016)
- Dale DeGroff Premium Cocktail Tools (Cocktail Kingdom)