Difference between revisions of "Old Cuban"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
The '''Old Cuban''' is a cocktail created by [[Audrey
The '''Old Cuban''' is a cocktail created by [[Audrey ]] in 2001 while at Bemelmans bar at the Carlyle Hotel. It is considered a Modern Classic.
Revision as of 14:21, 21 January 2020
The Old Cuban is a cocktail created by Audrey Saunders in 2001 while at Bemelmans bar at the Carlyle Hotel. It is considered a Modern Classic.
- 6 mint leaves
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup (1:1)
- 1 1/2 ounces Bacardi 8 añejo rum
- 1 hard dash Angostura bitters
- 2 ounces high quality Champagne
- lime wheel and mint sprig or sugar coated vanilla bean
In a cocktail shaker, muddle mint with lime juice and simple syrup. Add rum, bitters, and ice and shake well. Strain through fine-mesh sieve into a large chilled Champagne coupe and top with Champagne. Garnish with lime and mint or vanilla bean.
(Source: Audrey Saunders)
- An Old Cuban Is the Cocktail You Need for Sad, Dark Winter Times (GQ Magazine, January 20, 2018)
- Old Cuban Cocktail Recipe (Imbibe Magazine, May 16, 2016)
- Old Cuban: The Only Champagne Cocktail Worth Drinking on New Year's Eve (Playboy Magazine, December 27, 2013)
- Old Cuban Recipe (Serious Eats, August 24, 2007)
- Double Strain Your Cocktails - Old Cuban Cocktail (YouTube: The Cocktail Spirit)
- Old Cuban (Diffords Guide)
- Old Cuban (PUNCH)
- Old Cuban (Liquor.com)
- Old Cuban (Star Chefs)
- Old Cuban (Bacardi)