From Chanticleer Society
For the Cocktail:
- 1 cup Fresh Cranberry Sauce
- 3 1/2 ounces orange juice (not fresh squeezed, commercial juice will have more consistent flavor, and more sugar)
- 2 1/2 ounces pomegranate molasses
- 11 dashes Angostura bitters
- 2 cups Laird's Applejack
- 1/2 cup Punt e Mes
- 1/2 cup Schonauer Apfel Apple Schnapps
- Measure cranberry sauce, orange juice, pomegranate molasses, and bitters into a quart-sized pitcher. Add applejack, Punt e Mes, and apple schnapps. Blend with an immersion blender until smooth. Serve immediately or refrigerate up to four hours.
- To serve, pour 1 cup of cocktail mixture into a cocktail shaker and fill with ice. Shake for 15 seconds, then strain evenly into two cocktail glasses. Repeat as needed.
For the Fresh Cranberry Sauce:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh cranberries
- Combine the sugar and water in a medium saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil. Add cranberries, return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until sauce thickens, about 10 minutes. Allow the sauce to cool 15 minutes before using. Leftover cranberry sauce can be refrigerated up to 1 week.
Audrey Saunders, 2004 Bemelmans Bar
- How to Make Pegu Club's Applejack Cobbler at Home (Serious Eats)
- Applejack Cobbler Recipe (Serious Eats)
- The Applejack Cobbler (video) (Forbes Magazine)
- Applejack Cobbler Recipe (NYT Cooking)